Distance Selling Regulations
Having your motorcycle delivered from Carl Rosner Motorcycles Ltd
Because you are having your motorcycle delivered without inspecting it at our dealership the terms and conditions of your sale change a little bit. To ensure you fully understand how this affects your purchase please carefully read the points below:
- For reasons of fraud prevention we are only able to deliver to your home address and, prior to arranging delivery, we will require your driver’s licence to be verified by the Post Office. We will not deliver the motorcycle if we have not received this.
- Upon receipt of your motorcycle it is imperative that you fully inspect its physical condition. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle we will, unfortunately, not accept liability for any damage which was not noted during your motorcycle delivery.
- You are entitled to a “cooling off” period in which you can change your mind about your purchase. This period begins from the day we deliver your motorcycle to you and is valid for 14 days.
- If you wish to return your motorcycle then we must be notified in writing within this 14 day period. Upon receipt for your request we will contact you to acknowledge receipt and make arrangements for your order to be cancelled.
- Your motorcycle must be returned to us within 14 days of your cancellation. This 14 day period will begin from the day we acknowledge your refund request.
- Your refund will be made within 14 days of the motorcycle being returned to us. This 14 day period will begin from the day we sign to accept return of the motorcycle to our premises.
Please note the following terms and conditions apply:
- Delivery of your motorcycle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you, for any reason, be unable to accept this deliver then you will be liable for the cost of this delivery and any subsequent changes to return it. In the event of cancellation this amount would be deducted from your final refund amount.
- You are liable for the motorcycle from the point of accepting delivery. If you choose to cancel within your “cooling off” period then you remain liable for the motorcycle until we have signed to accept delivery of the motorcycle from you. You will be liable, and charged, for any damage present which was not noted when you accepted deliver of the motorcycle. Any cost will be deducted from your final refund amount.
- To receive a full refund a maximum additional mileage of 100 miles from the recorded delivery mileage is allowed. If you cover any additional distance then an excess mileage charge of £1.00 will be deducted from your final refund amount.
- Any delivery cost charged to you as part of your order will not be refunded. You will also be liable for any collection costs incurred and this amount will be deducted from your final refund, should you be unable to arrange to return your bike to us. We will fully inform you of any costs before arranging collection and will not make any arrangements without your prior consent.
- You are able to make your own arrangements for return of the motorcycle but, in doing so, accept full liability for the motorcycle until it is returned to us. Any damage caused to the motorcycle will be deducted from your final refund amount and, in the case of any insurance claim being raised, no refund will be made until payout from the relevant insurance company has been made to us.
- No refund will be made until the motorcycle has been inspected and signed for by a member of our team. If we intent to make any deductions from your final refund amount then you will be made aware of that amount prior to the refund.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.